My little notes...

I have selected a wonderful music for a special person like you... Please turn on your speaker and enjoy with the moment that I would like to share with you during the page surfing... Happy ya :)
To Stop the music, click the stop button at the music player in Menu bar.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

British Teach You Speak Penang Hokkien

I received some email talking about an interesting dictionary explaining Penang Hokkien "Bad Words" and those information are very detail. This has brought to our attention and we were so interest about it. So... We started Google-ing again...

And I found that there is really a dictionary published since last year 2009. The author of this book is from England and worked here since 5 years ago. You can get more information about his interview by The Star Newspaper.

We found the distributor for this dictionary and we are so excited to get 1 copy. Why I want to get one? Have you ever see any dictionary for dialect? At least I has not. And especially this one is for my local dialect. It is so cute. How amazing !!!~~~
Who is the distributor? That is Areca Books. This English - Penang Hokkien Pocket Dictionary is selling at any bookstore as RM22.



Don't be so excited about this book. This is not the one you can see from forward email but it is an useful Penang Hokkien dictionary for those want to learn Hokkien and some of the words written in this book was not realized by Local Penang folks as well. This book has 209 pages. 11-166 are word-list. Example at below:

Click on the pictures for bigger image view


After 167, there are Words by Theme, Phrases, Expressions & Grammer...
So... People usually will start laughing when reach here...

Click on the pictures for bigger image view

Disappointed? These are the only "Unpleasantries" in this book. It did not have the version you saw in the forward email. I think it got removed as this book will sell it to public.

The last one I want to share with you is this page. I personally like this a lot... So funny...
LOL... Hope you enjoy with my sharing... LOL

Click on the pictures for bigger image view