My little notes...

I have selected a wonderful music for a special person like you... Please turn on your speaker and enjoy with the moment that I would like to share with you during the page surfing... Happy ya :)
To Stop the music, click the stop button at the music player in Menu bar.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Esplanade at Penang - A Lonely Night

I invited my friend to go for a night shooting yesterday... heh... I know what you are thinking. Yes, I'm on Medical Leave yesterday. I went to clinic then get the MC from Doctor as I'm already certified with "Food Poisoning". Anyway, since the clinic so close with office, therefore I went to office to meet with my colleague and we went out for lunch at Queensbay Mall. Hohoo... Just getting 2 extra Polo T for my "Office Wear".

Not sure why the feeling walking at Queensbay suddenly become so lonely... And the same feeling stuck with me until the night. I met my friend at around 6pm. We went around Komtar area to search for close up filter (+4). Finally... I got my 58mm Close Up Filter, but my friend have to wait for his 52mm since they need to re-order. After dinner at Home Recipes in Perangin Mall, we heading to Penang Esplanade for Night Shooting.

I took some pictures with Penang Town Hall, Penang High Courts & Statues... However, I don't feel all those pictures are special to share. So... I just pick few of them to upload. The right hand side pictures are statue in front of the High Court and they represent WISDOM, JUSTICE, FORTITUDE & TEMPERANCE.

How to go Penang Esplanade? Click here for WikiMapia Map

Some information about Penang Town Hall:
Like most important buildings of the British administration, the Penang Town Hall takes pride of place in front of an open field, in this case the Esplanade Padang in George Town.
The foundation stone of the Town Hall was laid in 1879 and the main building completed in 1883. It consisted of an assembly hall, a grand ballroom, and a library. You may be keen to note that the Penang Library was born here, after the Prince of Wales Library was moved here and renamed. An annex was added in 1890 while the porch and top floor added in 1903. The left wing - when cement plaster was introduced - as added in 1930. Those extensions and renovations together constitute the Town Hall.


Some information about Penang High Court:
Alighting from the Penang Ferry, the high court sits in its original corner of two busy roads of Light Street and Farquhar Street. Passing it almost daily for the locals, they see the transformation of once neglected heritage to a glorious building with handsome white architecture. Straits colonial engineers of the Public Works Department did such a great job in 1905 as the building stood the test of time with two World Wars behind it.
The Penang Court was constructed in 1905 at a cost of 206.678 Straits Dollars. Its design is based on British Palladian architecture with elements of impressive Greek Doric and Ionic columns. On 21st June 2001, it was gazette as a historical monument.


I'm not alone at that moment but I feel lonely at this night. I felt all my pictures have lonely feel and therefore I give them a theme as "A Lonely Night @ Penang Esplanade".

Click here to see more lonely pictures...